Thursday, November 26, 2009

1-800-TURKEYTALK

So my sister wishes there was some sorta hotline or something for stressed out cooks, but hey I warned her it wasn't going to be pretty and lets just say i delivered I think I averaged about 10 calls the day before thanksgiving.
So i don't consider myself a dynamite cook but even those like us can deliver a dang good Thanksgiving Feast!
I thought it would be funny to take pictures of my journey pretty much just cause I thought it was funny that i was actually doing all of this - so not me!!

Turkey not defrosted by day two - so it's bathing

Rolls round two I was determined to get them right and it was worth it!
My sister's got a tutorial on making them - Look for the " NO MORE FLOUR" Post


The Turkey was AMAZING!! I brined it for about 15 hours - don't know what brining is just ask williams and sonoma they have a tutorial. Didn't think I had the right equipment but as i was dreaming about it the night before i remembered i had these oversized ziploc bags and an ice cream bucket - they were both perfect!!

We had a little thanksgiving with Mark and Celeste and it was great, Celeste and I said we were happy it was small because we got to experiment and so glad she did everything she brought was amazing!!!
It was a perfect day except for the little fact that my two girls were up puking last night. I finally brought in reinforcement at 1:30 since the baby had been throwing up ever 30 minutes since 9:30 and Eiley about every hour - so just a small glitch in my perfect thanksgiving plans - good thing I had everything done - thankgoodness for that hotline!
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

megan said...

you put williams & sonoma to shame with your simple state thanksgiving centerpiece! love it. If it makes you feel better...I never have a centerpiece...I kinda fall apart when I get to that part and they don't have a 1800-come-and-centerpiece-my-table number. AND you could've mentioned your puking kids...you're no longer invited to my house this weekend :)

sara said...

Looks wonderful! Good job!

So not fun about the girls being sick though!!!!