Be prepared it's a doozy
Im not even sure why Im telling this story, maybe I just want you all to feel sorry for me!
So we had been planning this for a while now and invited cousins to go with us. Tim got asked to go pack out an Elk earlier that day. I told him I didn't think it was a good idea and ofcourse that didn't stick. He said he would be back in time. So we waited and waited until the last possible minute about 5:45 no phone call or nothing. I kept thinking he's coming he's coming. I didn't really know what to do cause I was positive unless something really horrible happened he wouldn't have missed this. So I was worried and totally upset. After a pep talk from my sister I decided to leave without him. I raced to Williams at a ridiculous speed - thinking we would make it, both kids were saying prayers in the back. So we pulled up and raced across the parking lot and...... watched the train pull away. Carter and I both burst into tears. After another pep talk from my sister I pulled myself together and tried to figure out what to do next. I remembered that they had another train later that night so I went up to the ticket counter to try and get us on the next train, which she did. Im sure it helped that I was 8 months pregnant alone with two kids crying (bring on the sympathy). So we killed about an hour in the gift shop and some other fun little places around the train station.
We finally boarded the train and the kids ended up having a wonderful time. (In Tim's defense he was really really sorry and knows he made a big mistake!) In the end I wasn't even that angry I was just happy that my kids got to go and thats really all that mattered. So what started as a horrible night ended up with smiles all around!






4 comments:
Oh Tia, what a night! I am so glad that they were able to get you on a later train! Thank goodness!
Looks like it was fun!! I'm so glad it worked out. When you said you saw the train pull out, I almost cried too.
Good thing they had that other train!! Sounds like fun though, I wish they had a Polar Express in CO.
TIA!!! I am so proud of you! You are the WOMAN!!! I'm glad it turned into a positive night! I love the pics of Carter and Eiley.
That sounds like something Jess would do...they just get so caught up in what they are doing -and it usually is always something nice for someone else... Like I said, glad it all worked out!!! ;)
Post a Comment