I was in charge of the Jt. Activity, the combined Activity and we had our Christmas lesson last Sunday. Everything ended up going wonderful. For the Jt. Activity we went and volunteered at the Toys for Tots toy drive - it was really fun and really nothing from me which was great! Then for our combined activity we were supposed to go to the nursing home and read christmas books, but we got snowed out. I was bummed because It know it would have been easy and fun. Then for our Christmas lesson we watched the tabnernacle choirs narration of A Christmas Bell For Anya,

we read the living Christ, had someone sing This is The Christ and had cinnamon rolls and milk. I made these for the girls to drink their milk out of, not quite cute as cute as the picture I found but luckily the girls are easily impressed. Megan these are snowman

I feel so bad it's like they never get anything cute they went kinda crazy over them, sorry girls don't get too excited there's not a whole lot of that coming for quite a while! Compared to last year this year was so simple and soo much better. Simple always is. I rembering starting to feel stressed this month when I felt like I had to do something really cute or put together something creative, then I stopped myself and did something else, something that required less effort. Something has got to give and I don't want it to be my sanity.
Less stress means more time with the kids enjoying the simple things like roasting marshmellows around the fire, dancing to christmas music and some other fun things. I finally got my advent calendar done a week before Christmas so it will be already for next year. I do have one more calendar I want to put together but it's so easy it's ridiculous.
At 9 months pregnant Im usually such a disaster, don't get me wrong I feel tired and very ready to be done but I've really tried to be better this pregnancy and I've prayed for it, really asked for help and I have felt that help and am very grateful for my savior this season, for my family and for my testimony.
Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
ummm...what are those things that you made for the YW???????
Cute Tia. Simple is always better. The Spirit makes the biggest impact anyway.
I want to see your calendar(s)!!!
I love this post and I love that you are already nine months prego, how exciting!
Post a Comment