Some people have their cup of coffee - I on the other hand have my cup of smoothie. Every morning without fail - it's what I wake up looking forward to first thing in the morning. Now this can go a couple of ways.
My morning shake is a slimfast shake: Chocolate slimfast powder with 1 frozen banana for the thickness, 1 Cup of skim milk and half cup of ice.
Key Ingredients to the perfect smoothie:
must have frozen fruit ( I get mine at SAM's)
a handful spinach ( yes i know but trust me)
frozen Blueberries (SAM's - gotta have soooo good for you)
Skim milk
a little ice
orange juice concentrate
or any type of juice
vanilla yogurt
ice
unflavored Protein Powder (I have now joined the ranks -
didn't think i'd go there but i did)
I am soooo very picky on my smoothies i like them thick and i hate to taste the ice. So really you can go crazy with these babies.
For a quick snack/ small meal : I like frozen bananas (which i buy and break in half and freeze) Skim milk, vanilla yogurt, blueberries, a handful of spinach, frozen strawberries and protein powder. As for the protein powder ive heard of alot of different benefits, but for me it definetly makes me feel fuller longer which i like.
Calories : 250 give or take
Another version - Eiley's favorite is a
little orange juice concentrate ( you could use any type of juice here)
water
ice
spinach
frozen blueberries
frozen strawberries
frozen bananas
I just throw in small handfuls of each.
Anyway thought i would share
It's our favorite treat!!
Don't be scared of the spinach you shouldn't be able to even taste it - if you can your putting way too much in!!
4 comments:
Thanks! I was just thinking about making smoothies but didn't know where to start. I want to put my blender to use!
TIA!! haha since staying at your house, i don't know when, i have made me a smoothy just about every morning too!! they're SOO good, and keep me full throughout the day... :) thanks!! love ya girl!
What kind of blender do you have? I think that's a key ingredient, as well. I love a good smoothie, but I lack the equipment at home.
I just made one this morning and it looked just like this...how funny. Although I didn't put in any spinach but am going to the store to get some TODAY! Thanks for the great idea. :D
Post a Comment