My camera wasn't working at the beginning of the month so im just getting to all this stuff
I've been searching for the perfect advent calendar for a couple of years something easy and cute!
So I found it and it was a total success - except for all the days i missed - but rest assured Eiley was there to remind me every day. The first is Martha stewart I couldn't find the cute christmas socks so I got some cheap white socks from Walmart, die cut some numbers added ribbon and thats it! The second is mine
.

The other was paper bags with sticker numbers tied with ribbon at the top I would hide them around the house with a little treat inside for the kids to find. They loved it and yes kept forgetting to do that too. We started out strong at the beginning of the month and then we seem to fizzle out.


Traditions:
Let me just add this little bitty of info out of all these we did probably 5 of them.
But these are great ideas I got from other advent calendars and even a few of my own!
Letters to Santa
Putting up the tree
Christmas Movies
Polar Express
Friend Craft Project
Secret Santa Service Project - we bought some shoes for a boy and girl we knew and dropped them off at their house and then did this

We put this on a plate of cookies and dropped these off. We were trying to be so sneaky and right as we were ringing and running the car drove up and Carter and Eiley and I just looked at each other and i yelled go go go but the car couldn't even pull in until we moved. It was special and they yelled thankyou out of their car door. So we tried to salvage our little adventure and we pulled over to the side and watched as they looked at the note. It was fun and made for some good memories!
Christmas Stories
Ward Christmas party
Write new lyrics to Christmas songs
G-ma baking day!
Hot chocolate and Christmas lights at little America
Christmas Devotional
Donate Toys to shelter
Ice Skating
Make Smores around the fire
Family christmas Party
Family talent Show
Write thankyou cards
I've been searching for the perfect advent calendar for a couple of years something easy and cute!
So I found it and it was a total success - except for all the days i missed - but rest assured Eiley was there to remind me every day. The first is Martha stewart I couldn't find the cute christmas socks so I got some cheap white socks from Walmart, die cut some numbers added ribbon and thats it! The second is mine
.

The other was paper bags with sticker numbers tied with ribbon at the top I would hide them around the house with a little treat inside for the kids to find. They loved it and yes kept forgetting to do that too. We started out strong at the beginning of the month and then we seem to fizzle out.



Traditions:
Let me just add this little bitty of info out of all these we did probably 5 of them.
But these are great ideas I got from other advent calendars and even a few of my own!
Letters to Santa
Putting up the tree
Christmas Movies
Polar Express
Friend Craft Project
Secret Santa Service Project - we bought some shoes for a boy and girl we knew and dropped them off at their house and then did this

We put this on a plate of cookies and dropped these off. We were trying to be so sneaky and right as we were ringing and running the car drove up and Carter and Eiley and I just looked at each other and i yelled go go go but the car couldn't even pull in until we moved. It was special and they yelled thankyou out of their car door. So we tried to salvage our little adventure and we pulled over to the side and watched as they looked at the note. It was fun and made for some good memories!
Christmas Stories
Ward Christmas party
Write new lyrics to Christmas songs
G-ma baking day!
Hot chocolate and Christmas lights at little America
Christmas Devotional
Donate Toys to shelter
Ice Skating
Make Smores around the fire
Family christmas Party
Family talent Show
Write thankyou cards
1 comment:
I LoVe this Idea! And my guess it that you did more than 5!
Post a Comment