Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh it was brought alright














So Im not sure of the exact numbers but we got well over four feet at our house. Supposedly we haven't gotten this much snow since 1960 - Crazy!



So power went out Thursday morning and didn't come back on until the middle of the night so we kicked it pioneer style - I was ready to heat up some beans and tortillas on the wood burning stove but I didn't we just ate sandwiches. Have I mentioned how much i love our stove!!
We lit candles everywhere - which of course Carter was fascinated with and made a plate full of wax shavings and begged me to let him keep all these candles - can you say crazy!! Anyway we lit my fake fireplace in my room and sat and read Where the Red Fern grows - which is Carter's favorite book and movie which he has watched over and over - Random side note - we went and rented some movies at the library and lets just say Eiley is officially obsessed with Barney honestly she has watched the video like 20 times.
We also had a dance party in Eiley's room with our really cool emergency radio - it was fun.
So by Saturday I was all done with being the fun mom and we went to the gym for as long as we could. Free babysitting yay!!

2 comments:

The McEnaney's said...

So glad all those storms mainly went to Southern Utah and Arizona!

DRN said...

awesome - nice pic of the mountain