Monday, February 14, 2011

A Little V-Day love

I love that Valentines fell on a Monday this year, I wish for that every year. You have plenty of time to do valentines over the weekend and then you can do a little Valentines Family Home Evening - Love One Another. I figure if I try to shove this love thing down their throats somethings bound to stick with them. So far the love thang with Eiley and Carter isn't going to well!

Valentines this year.

I was ready to buy me some valentines but I had come across so many cute ones in the blog world I decided to let them pick and these were pretty easy.
These are Eileys - Carters just had plain paper wrapped around them. They were little matchboxes 10.00 for $1 and we emptied them out and filled them with m&m's. Simple







Just a random thought....

I find when things are stressful circumstances that are out of your control I tend to start simplifying. I really don't do a whole lot of extra anything right now so there is not alot I can simplify but I feel myself trying to stay positive and really just focus on the only things that matter. As I was preparing my family Home Evening lesson I thought Im going to prepare this lesson like it's my job - It helps me forget about all the craziness and only think about my family. Making dinner, cleaning the house, family home evening, scriptures and prayer - and just that gets overwhelming sometimes. Im far from perfect but Im trying - Im trying to stay present and focused. My two words for the year!

5 comments:

Wade said...

WRSP!

Unknown said...

super cute you are a good mom!!

Unknown said...

This really is Jami!!!

Kristal said...

awesome valentines and awesome thought! and I agree 100%. When I simply, it helps me get my priorities right.

Kaydi Paxman said...

Tia, I've been blog stalking you for a while now and I love all your ideas! thanks for sharing!
~Kaydi