Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter







Easter came and went this year with Tim being out of town, but I still tried to do some fun things with the kids.
They woke up to easter baskets which i have to say I scored some major deals on. The Toy Story Color Wonder originally 9.50 at Fry's on sale for 4.50 and then I had a 1.00 off so I got 3 of them for 3.50 each. Then I filled their plastic easter eggs with free skittles i got. Anyway it was fun getting those deals!

We then had a short easter lesson and made ressurection rolls. I liked my lesson this year it was easy and the rolls were yummy. I had a shoebox that I filled with a white napkin, some nails and some stones and a little cinnamon and corresponding scriptures about Christ and his resurrection. Then we made ressurection rolls. Heres the link to the lesson and treat

I did my rolls a little different. I had a ton of refrigerated biscuits so i rolled those out ( Christ tomb) dipped mini marshmellows( christ body) in the melted butter and cinnamon sugar and then folded the dough up. After you cooked them you unfolded the roll and the marshmellows were gone.



They were really yummy then i just spread some cinammon sugar and butter on a few more they tasted like cinnamon rolls.

Anyway the Easter Bunny came after church. I say it every year and I'll say it again WE LOVE THE EASTER BUNNY!!!

Honestly he has got to be so tired hopping from one house to the next. We love him and he made our quiet little day EXTRA special. So Thankyou easter bunny!











So long Bunny until next year. The kids kept going outside hoping to catch one more glimpse of the easter bunny walking down the road. I told bunny we were gonna have to have more babies just so we could get some crying pictures. Gone are those days Ella and Bree loved him this year!


1 comment:

megan said...

a total tragedy that I missed this!!! I almost cried when I saw Bree's dress and did you ask ella to stick her gut out??