

Our babysitter Lindsay told us about a Track and Field Fundraiser that they were having for their high school and she thought the kids might like it. Understatement they had such a great time. I didn't bring my camera because I didn't know just how fun it was gonna be. So they had 4 events. The 100 yard dash, the 400, the long jump and the softball throw. Carter did the 100 first and the whistle blew and off they went and Carter won out of like 20 kids! I was so excited for him, and I wish I could have taken a picture of his face it was so priceless. All that determination all that energy that he has bottled up inside of him exploded. It was kinda emotional for me. He was not gonna lose. It just kinda put things in perspective. If I can just help guide this kid, help show him how to use his energy for good - he will do amazing things! Anyway he went on to the softball throw and the long jump and won those too! After Carter ran the 400 he said he was gonna puke and he looked like it too, he got second place. A Girl took him out she was like crazy fast, he gets so mad when I tell people that ( you think he has a hard time losing?)
Eiley's turn was up next for the 100. I have noticed that Eiley likes to run. I mean when we go outside she just wants to race. So I thought she would do okay, well she won too! Lindsay started laughing when Eiley finished she said "she's fast" I think she was surprised.
Anyway it was super fun and Im so glad we went the kids had a blast!!
4 comments:
love it...is that a pose he's striking??
"And the Winner is . . . MOM!"
great story. I imagine Billy Mills running through the reservation in short shorts.
sweet story, your family is gorgeous
Post a Comment