Thursday, March 20, 2008

Are You Sure?

I love that song by Trace Adkins "You're Gonna Miss This"

You're gonna miss this


You're gonna want this back


You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast


These are some good times


So take a good look around


You may not know it now


But you're gonna miss this.


But every time I listen to it, I think okay give it to me now - Im ready to miss this!
Then I look around at some of the things I supposedly am going to miss.


Am I gonna miss the writing on the walls

Or crayon on the floor



Okay maybe the drapes snipped with scissors?



All of which still haven't been fixed or cleaned for a while now!


Im sure I will some day right?

24 comments:

sara said...

TIA!
I think we will - B U T....
The last photo with the drapes made me loose my breath!!
c r a p !

Kristi said...

Ya... I am with you - I think there ARE things I WON'T miss:)
Even my totally adorable Mom says she does love the fact that when she cleans the house... it STAYS CLEAN:)
But you are right, there are soooo many things we WILL miss:)

Shannon said...

I love that song too. People are always telling me how fast my kids are going to be grown up and gone. Hard to imagine right now for sure! We've got a few, ok a lot, of memorablia at our house too....marker on the carpet, names on the wall, holes in the door, etc. Some things I WON'T miss! It's a good thing they're cute and know how to be sweet sometimes.

Jamie said...

So it looks like the drapes were cut into a heart shape. That is so sweet. :( You probably won't miss that one at all!

PEHNelson said...

Tia ----we have the same curtains!!!! i got the fabric at jo-anns!!!! that's not funny though....i lost it when hunter cut the little strings that hold up each of the blinds!!! stinkin' kids!!! remind me why we had them in the first place!!! but then they smile and say i love you mom and we keep them for one more day.....

Steph Kjelstrom said...

yea, loved the curtains too-cause I was thinking-yea, I have drawing on the wall and floor-but What?? someone took the scissors to the drapes?! Nope don't have that and if I did, wouldn't miss it!

DRN said...

Thats why they warn against having chupacabra as housepets!

DRN said...

Didn't you have a brother who ruined the lazyboy with a ballpoint pen and is suspected of lighting your childhood home on fire?

megan said...

Hey I was just there!! I saw the crayon on the floor (didn't mention it though...aren't I so nice? :) BUT I MISSED THE drapes!! and I'm so glad I did because I burst out laughing! :) Thank you Carter for yet another laugh at your mothers expense :)

KIMBERLIN 6 said...

The magic eraser is the best thing ever invented. The house we are in now, we had been in it for maybe a week and Jonathon took a green marker and drew all over the walls, light switches, dressers, and bathroom cupboards. We were beyond mad. Although, I don't think the magic eraser is good enough to fix the curtains!! Ah...the day our house stays clean sounds like a dream.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sara, yikes, it may take a long time to miss that, ouch.

The Dinner Belle said...

Oh my word Tia - I gasped when I saw the curtains. It is such a good thing that Carter is so stinkin' cute.

I've been out of country mode for a little while and I am going to have to hit iTunes and check out that Trace Adkins song. I admit, I've been watching the Apprentice and I LOVE him!

Melissa said...

That is such a great song, but you are right in thinking there are definitely things that you wont miss... and I don't think that is a bad thing to not miss such unfortunate things like that. I miss babysitting Carter, to bad I live so far away now. I am glad I got a blog, which isn't very good, but oh well. At lest I can look at everyone else's. I hope all is well for you in Arizona!

Sheri N. said...

Do you have writing on your TV Screen in permanent marker? We do. Good times!

Sheri N. said...

Do you have writing on your TV Screen in permanent marker? We do. Good times!

The Becker Bunch said...

LOVE this post...especially because I spent over an hour SCRUBBING my WHITE (ish) couches to rid them of the "picture" my son drew in pen ALL OVER THEM!! Ahhhhhhhh, won't miss that, but I'm sure I'll have to do it again...this is the 2nd time already!!

AudyCamp said...

OK 1st of all that's one of my new favorite songs..that I have to sing to myself at crazy times like that...THEY CUT YOUR DRAPES!!!!!!!..Carter?
Aw.. Tia that's harsh!..I guess you just gotta laugh at this point right.;)

Chredna said...

Hey Tia! Ryan wrote her name on our Black granite countertops with a silver sharpie. She said Reagan did it.

Kristal said...

Holy crap! Yeah, it's hard to imagine missing some of the daily disasters of this phase of life, but seriously my little guy is almost 2 and is still an angel...weird. He makes up for the other 2's messes!

Nicki said...

Hi Tia!
You have the most hilarious stories! Reading your blog makes me miss you... I was on the phone with Candi the other day when she found an "elaborate drawing" behind the couch... I don't know if she'll miss that either! Love ya!!

The Dinner Belle said...

Hey! I will definitely save those jars for you. In fact, I've got a bunch right now that I would be happy to unload on Meg!

Kymi said...

Tia! Is that what I have to look forward too? I met Tim when his boys were past that stage so I haven't yet experienced it, Yikes! Conor has found out how to crawl on the table and pour all the salt out, yep learned that one this morning! Fun stuff, can't wait to see you. Are you going to Kaydi's reception?

debsfreckles said...

Tia, I will admitt that I saw the curtains a while ago when I was there, but I didn't ask because I already knew the answer:)You will miss Eiley's little puggie self.

Jennifer said...

My heart sank over your curtains - they are one of my favorite parts of your house! Ashlyn's almost 3 and I haven't had too much damage yet, but I am positive much is to come!