So im coming back it's been a rough two months but Im back and ready to roll. It all started with that sickness I posted about and then just went down hill from there. My body just wasn't cooperating and I felt like I just couldn't catch a break. So I took it easy on the workouts and now I feel great ready to get back at it. I remember being the person that hated to workout. I hated it and could never understand why people enjoyed it. I still don't love to workout but there is something that clicks something about how you feel afterwards that makes all the pain go away and you find yourself not really caring how hard it is. There are so may benefits mentally, emotionally and physically that you get so you just go and do it. Sorry for the rant but when you go with out you realize how much you need it for survival :) I read this great post trainermomma posted about her love affair with exercise and she said it perfectly thats exactly how I feel. Also if you ever need to get motivated check her site out she's amazing!! http://www.trainermomma.com/
So I haven't been loving much of anything lately hence a need for this post
Okay so now on to what im loving lately
Crossfit

I strongly believe every person should do this workout! HAH maybe thats why my husband won't do it. Anything I believe strongly in he wants nothing to do with - okay not totally true but kind of and he is totally supportive of it for me, but he does think I talk about to much which I do - but thats because I love it. It makes you strong which I love. I love seeing strong women. You feel empowered like you can take on anything. I mean when you start doing pullups theres something that clicks and you think heck yah I can go home now and make some awesome dinner and clean my house really really awesomely - okay thats not a word. Anyway enough on that but really look it up http://www.crossfit.com/ and start doing it - it's exhilerating and I think what sets it apart for me from every other workout is the time difference 15 to 20 minutes 3 times a week never over 30 - but we are talking killer on your butt workouts - LOVE IT!
Okay next thing Im loving http://www.myjobchart.com
Okay so struggling a bit at home with my oldest - okay so when am I not. We having been needing something for a while now something positive, something to motivate him and I just haven't been up to doing anything about it. But I came along a post where some women wrote my thoughts exactly about her 8 year old boy. Anyway she recommended this site. I actually came across it about a year ago but wasn't really using it to the full extent mostly because my kids couldn't read. But now they are totally capable of using the system. It's wonderful really great. Now like everything Carter resisted it and cried for like an hour last night over cleaning up the table - but usually like everything if im pushing too much or saying too much which is all the time he resists. So im working on it. Im letting the points do the talking and the rewards and he's just gonna have to figure it out on his own. We can do this - I have to keep telling myself this. So the site is basically an online job chart where kids log in to see their jobs for the day and then click done when they've done them and the points get added up along the way. You can set up rewards based on the number of points they get. Im not a fan of rewarding monetarily for chores that they are supposed to be doing, so we've just stuck with family rewards for now. And I really like the idea of having a good attitude so I randomly add extra points for good attitude and leave a little note for that.
Just like anything im sure this will run it's course but im loving it lately and if anything its giving me hope, giving me something to do and to try to make a difference - when sometimes you just feel like giving up which is probably about 80% of the time.
HAPPY SPRING!!!!
Sorry no great pictures im tired!
3 comments:
you're better than me...I haven't activated our job chart yet....
I just made that job chart too for Trey and Grady. I'm teaching him how to log on and do it. It's awesome. I hope it works, right?
PS, you're cute and I like you lots!
Ok so you got on the cross fit band wagon, you were unconvinced this summer. I have one relatively close to me but I'm too intimidated to go alone!
Post a Comment