Thursday, November 15, 2007
Marriage and Motherhood
Marriage and Motherhood, so far my two major trials in life. So lately I have been wrapped up in my own little world dealing with my curious, rambunctious, totally exhausting yet funny, mind blowing, pool ball throwing ( did you guys think I was talking about my husband ) 4 year old boy Carter. I have been at a loss lately as what to do with my wonderful son as he has been suspended from preschool at the age of 4. Okay thats a little overexagurated but he was sent home early one day for telling the teacher that he was going to break her glasses and acting like he was going to punch her in the face and I have had to sit and talk with the teacher 4 times in the last two weeks for his behavior. What I have decided is this, not all hope is lost he has his wonderful moments and I need to be writing them down so they are permanently fixed in my head. Another thing I realized is how thankful I am that I am able to be at home right now with my kids. I have never said that one before so this is big for me. I was always the one that wanted to work and I have no problem with those that do, not everyone is in a position to be able to stay at home. I however have to be reminded daily of reasons why it is good for me to stay home and hello this is one of them. There is no way that I would be able to teach Carter the things he needs to be taught right now, because one I am lazy and I would probably give up send him to the doctor get him diagnosed with ADHD and get some really great medication that would make him zone out in front of the t.v. for hours - wow that sounds great sign me up! Anyway I really am grateful for the opportunity to think about nothing but this right now and a few other things but I really am able to focus on this and try to figure out some way to steer him in the right direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It's so hard to be a mama isn't it? Sounds like you've got a challenge on your hands, but I know you'll do what's best! I just keep thinking that my barely 3year old will outgrow some of the things he's doing. But, I know some of it will take serious directing from me. It's hard to know what to be okay with and what things to discipline. Good luck, I hope it all goes well.
Tia - I remember you taking those photos! It seems like yesterday, but soooo long ago too! He is sitting on pine needles! That's funny.
All I can say is...I don't even know. Motherhood is a roller coaster ride. And just when you think you have it all figured out and can see forever - you start falling and falling fast! and then the twists and turns... I think that is a really great idea to write down the successes - because the failures (or what seem like failures) for whatever reason always outweigh them. So yes - focus on the positive and keep them at the surface! He is just this little person in this BIG BIG world -I think like all our kids feel. You've done a TON to gain good parenting skills - so props to you. It's more than many people can say. You really care about 'parenting' your child(ren) - and I think that is the most important! It will pay off, even if you don't see the results now.
Alrighty then! My novel is done!
Good luck Tia, you can do it. you are one of the most devoted people I know when it comes to something you want and I know you want Carter to be the best he can be. I really believe that he was given to you because if anyone can do it, you can.
Good luck Tia, you can do it. you are one of the most devoted people I know when it comes to something you want and I know you want Carter to be the best he can be. I really believe that he was given to you because if anyone can do it, you can.
I know that I will NEVER win the mother of the year contest. Being a Mom is the hardest most challenging thing that I have ever tried (and still trying). And if I had a report card then I would be failing in every way, but the category of trying. It sounds like Carter is very lucky to have you as his Mom. I remember you posting about the class you took on parenting, that shows a lot. Not that I know very much (in case you were wondering...) but I do know that when Ross doesn't back me up on the things that I am doing then all hell breaks loose around here. I just have to tell you as I am writing this I am also screaming at my kids for fighting with eachother,AHHHH, nice huh! Good luck, you will find what works with Carter or maybe it will only work for a while and then you will have to find something new. That is the fun/challenge of motherhood!
You are great, and Carter is so much better off having you to help him through this. He WILL grow out of it and you will be there through it all because you are his mother. I'm about ready to start throwing water at Trey when he hits and bites...it's really hard but he won't be doing that when he's older. :) Be patient and just take more naked pictures.
I'm feeling you tia. I always feel when I see my kid yelling or acting up that I probably taught him that and that he's going to turn into this horrible person and it will all be my fault. It really is a hard battle to juggle everything and all we really want out of it all is for our kids to say thanks mom and for our husbands to tell us they appreciate us and all that stuff. The sad thing is we will probably be so broken hearted when they don't want to be at home anymore and always be with friends. anyways you're great and you always inspire me to try new self help ideas. Thanks
Post a Comment