So I finished these babies up and wow was that a project. Maybe it's because I did a total of 9 that it took forever. This was my version of modern Christmas cans. So they aren't that christmasy. I call them non-traditional christmas cans and I love non-traditional so hey thats my excuse!! Really Michaels didn't have great christmas paper so I went with this - I think they turned out okay! You put pajamas in them and on Christmas Eve everyone gets to open their can with their very own key. You can also add a note every year and a picture as well. You can get the cans at any hardware store. I got mine at Home Depot but I had to get the keys at Sherwin Williams. Thanks Amber for the great idea!! Okay so If anyone wants to do these here is just a little hint. For those of you that are in to digital scrapbooking - this is so your thing! It would save so much time you can just put together a layout on your computer and then if you can't print them out on your computer just take them to Kinkos. The 8 1/2 X 11 would fit just perfect around the cans! On the ones that I did you modge podge over them and they really end up looking just like a digital scrapbooking page. So I thought about all of this after I finished my 9 cans. Anyway one day I will think of these things before I start my project.
9 comments:
Tia - I love this idea! We do pj's every year too. Sometimes it is hard to find the right "pj boxes" under the tree to open on Christmas Eve. The can would sure help with that problem and they are darn cute to boot!
Wow those are too cute to open or give away, you are seriously the most crafty person I know. Did you have a good Christmas? Our was crazy with everything going on with the fam. Well you really should open a craft shop or something, you would do amazing!!!!!
Tia, I LOVE them and I was going to do them too, but it did not work out this year. I will make them before next year.
Hi, I found you from Nic's page. I am Meg's VT Partner in PCT. I've met you at Meg's a couple times. That is soooo cute! I've seen them in cans like that with Hot cocoa mixes and a cute mug and snacks to stay warm. The jammies are a perfect idea! Would you be interested in making a bunch and selling them in my mom's antique store in camp verde?
woah, woah, WOAH!!! Tia - they turned out so cute - and I can't believe you did so MANY! how long did it end up taking? Worth it!!
that's ok, I know how much work they can be, I had a hard time keeping them simple. Can I put my order in for next year?;)
Hi,my name is Kelsey, I am in the Willow Creek Young Women group, and I'm 16 yrs old. You don't know me, and I don't know you, but I do know your sister, and I've heard a lot about you. Your blog is a link on so many people's blogs in my ward, so I decided to click on and see it. I really like it, and if you're anything like your sister, then I'm sure I'd like you. Our group calls 'Sister Holdsworth' Big Mama H. She's amazing....the best YW leader I've ever had,(although she's a little crazy, and a hard core gansta')we just adore her. I hear you watch The Hills....(i heard it from your sister, so if it's false, deal with her:)if that's true, then I totally love you! Good show, good show! Well, now that I've totally made a fool of myself and introduced myself, I hope to see and hear more from you. Come visit prescott and join us on a sunday that your sister is teaching our lesson! :)kelsey
dude...how about a new post????
Hello Tia,
I wanted to tell you that I saw these cans via a link on someone's blog a while ago and I thought of it today....I was asked today to be on a creative team for a digital scrapbooking site and I am going to be the sites Saturday Hybrid scrapbooking blogger. I have to come up with a weekly hybrid scrapbooking project. This project came to mind to do around Christmas time. Thanks for the idea!!!
Post a Comment