Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Lesson

So I had this great idea for our combined Christmas lesson in Young Women's today. I read this book titled the Ultimate Gift by Jim Stoval. Wonderful book and I immediatetly thought it would make a great lesson. In the book Jasons' uncle Red Stevens a wealthy buisness owner dies and sends Jason his great nephew on a journey in discovering these 12 gifts which in turn lead him to discover what true happiness is really about. So I thought great we will each take 3 gifts and present them along with a scripture to the girls. Okay so flashing red light please don't try to teach 12 things in 45 minutes not going to work - what was I thinking? OH thats right I wasn't I was too busy wrapping 12 gifts with Marthat Stewart wrapping paper that I just had to have - 2nd lesson learned never spend more time on the table setting than you do on the lesson. We each brought someting that represented the gift and put them in the presents. Everyone did a really great job and Im learning to just roll with things especially when they don't turn out how you want them to. Im learning how to just make things work, but Im still waiting for something to go just perfect, guess I have a lot to learn before that happens!!







Oh yeah one last thing, I also have this new thing Im going with lately. Im not allowed to be stressed out or complain if the things that are making me stressed out are all my doing. Example wrapping 12 empty boxes with Martha stewart wrapping paper - that was my choice! Have i learned my lesson and will never do it again I don't know they just look so cute - but I do promise not to complain!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the movie the Ultamite Gift. I loved it! IT was very motivating to me. I am sure the Young Women enjoyed your lesson it sounds like it was great!

sara said...

I need to rent that movie! It sounded amazing.
I'm sure the girls really appreciated you going to such lengths to make a great lesson!
The presents are BEAUTIFUL!

Angela said...

Ha! I was just going to write that I thought the movie was great, but others beat me to it! So did your lesson turn out okay, or did you run out of time? It sounded like a good idea, and the boxes were very cute.

Amber said...

This is so something I would do!!!

Anonymous said...

I just wached that movie, it was so good. I wish I could have been there for your lesson, sorry it didn't go exactly like you wanted it to . Your presents look gorgeous!

megan said...

I think I saw some boxes pre-wrapped just like that at Target :) he he he...