Okay so I am a little late posting this but last Tuesday was our parenting class graduation. I feel like I am all the sudden a good mom! Okay not really but I honestly feel like I finally have some answers. Now the goal is to keep it up - like everything that is the hardest part, we go through life and learn some really great things but how do we keep it going. It takes practice and patience. I think it takes about a full month to make something a habit so that is my goal especially when it comes to these new skills I learned. I desperately want to keep them going and I really think I will!
Our teacher gave us this great chart as a reminder, color coded and everything I love it!
4 comments:
oh Tia - I still need the class. You know how on the chart is says...if your child is doing ________, _______, or _________ it is not working/he's not responding. Yep. That is what I'm dealing with. Now what? Time to email Paola!
You know what I honestly think on Brock you can only do the bare minimum, but that happened with Carter the other day so I stopped and talked about something totally different and then said okay lets go and he put back the toys I had told him to put back like 5 times. They definetly hear us!
I need a class like this. I'm pulling my hair out most days. I'm sure my son thinks I'm an evil monster with all the yelling I do. I need to find a way to handle things with out freaking out!
I need a class like this. I'm pulling my hair out most days. I'm sure my son thinks I'm an evil monster with all the yelling I do. I need to find a way to handle things with out freaking out!
Post a Comment