Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Carters' prayer

Heavenly Father please help me to be nice, help me to be like Jesus. Im trying to be nice I just don't know how to.

This is what I overheard this morning as I waited in the hall for him to say his prayers. I needed to hear this I really wanted to hear this, Thank you.

Carter when you read this someday I want you to know I Love You, I really really love you!

I wish I could say that he went to school and had a really great day but he didn't he had a really bad day.

But I've been reading a really great book lately and his prayer cemented in my mind the fact that if he Could do better he Would. He is obviously having trouble figuring out how to do just that and that it's my job to teach him.

7 comments:

AudyCamp said...

tia i think you should frame carter's little prayer with a picture of his cute little face and that way you can look at it every day. So when he does naughty things it'll ease the pain:) What a sweet moment you experienced overhearing him.

Mauzy Fam said...

What a sweetie. Sounds like he really wants to try. If anyone can help him - I'm sure it's you - Heavenly Father sent him to you for a reason.

sara said...

That made me cry.

Kristi said...

Oh Tia, that gives me chills! What a precious moment!

Jen said...

Bless you Tia! You are clearly doing all the right things. What a sweet boy.

debsfreckles said...

This seriously brought tears to my eyes. How sweet and what a blessing that you got to hear that. Even the little ones come with challenges.

Nicki said...

Yep, you made me cry. Thanks for sharing!