Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What to eat?

okay so I promised myself that I would try to eat only out of my pantry for the next week - really im forced to do this since I have used all my money in my budget for this month! But I really don't want my family to suffer because of this so Im determined to make good food! So I call my sister who loves to cook and she gives me some ideas and then later tells me "really Tia it's the same stuff I always tell you when you call and ask what can I make for dinner tonight" So here's my list:


Monday night: Tacos - these were great!

Tuesday night: Chicken and noodles with corn and zucchini

Wednesday night: Ward party, yes I don't have to cook!

Thursday night: Spaghetti

Friday night: leftovers

Saturday night: Frozen something (I don't really cook on the weekends) Geez I really sound like a cruddy wife!



okay so it's kinda lame but hey I try to make it look good and add some vegetables from our garden and it looks like a 4 course meal!



9 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Tia-whenver you feel like a bad cook for your family, just think..."Oh yeah; Audra." :)

Crystal said...

Fresh vegetables? Garden? Tia, you seriously sound like the best mom EVER! Know what I feed my husband? Taco Bell or McDonalds. And he doesn't even really like Taco Bell. So there you go, you win.

Anonymous said...

Tia you are a little awsome homemaker, I love you garden, how awsome to have fresh veggies!

wendy said...

Thanks for following up on book club. I won't be able to come tonight... hubby is hunting.

sara said...

I'm so glad you posted this, because I am always asking myself -"what am I going to cook?" -Especially when I haven't been able to make it to the grocery store forever!! (and I do usually think of you and your 'dinner chart'.
Did I tell you how YUMMY your zuccini's are?? - I've used them with dinner and also made bread -TWICE.
I LOVE your garden!

Tia said...

Good Sara I have some corn for you too!

Mauzy Fam said...

Tia- your posts always motivate me to do better at things. I need to be a better HEALTHIER cook. I need to make a list like you at things I want to be better at! Good girl! Also, I'm thinking that on your list of friends that the link to Renelle might not be right. Take a look. AND - I'm offended that I'm not on your list - I'm totally kidding!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Dinner time is hard. I now ask Johnny every Sunday to give me two or three ideas for dinner...something he feels like. He always gives me something new, easy and good. IT's a good way to get some fresh ideas. Nice garden, I'm so envious.

Russ and Debbie said...

love the garden! wish I had one, I wish I had a yard for that matter.