Okay I know that sounds a little harsh but im venting a little. My feelings have gotten stronger as each season comes and passes. Tim's feelings seem to get stronger as well. I mean I knew he loved football but wow it really is amazing to see someone get so excited that he needs to turn the t.v. up to 35 (which is very loud) while I am in the kitchen cleaning up after the dinner that I made and don't really like doing in the first place - really cause I hate cleaning up after dinner - anyway thats beside the point. My kids are screaming and running around and Tim hasn't taken his eyes off of the t.v. it's like he is right there at the game ( I know he wishes he was). Anyway I should probably stop the story there - lets just say Football is the source of some contention in our house. I was reading this article on yahoo that was talking about how to get through Football season - it was really funny. It was saying that men just love that they can let themselves go and yell and scream and get really into something - I personally think it's just a way to relive their glory years! Don't they have a support group for football wives, hunting wives etc.?

photo by flickr.com

photo by flickr.com
11 comments:
Ok i totally agree! i hate football! my tim seriously only cries tears when our kids are born or if the cardinals win..so not very often. oh well..remember your advice "we can't change them" or something like that.(ok & what the heck is the pic at the bottom?)
I love the smashed football! Tia, you are so funny! Yeah, football is rough... I try to picture how Ro feels when we shop for too long and he has to watch the kids or sit outside the dressing room all bored. But it's not easy when he is watching the TV, checking his laptop, AND his blackberry for stupid scores during fantasy football season! Gotta love the testosterone. (:
As a kid I remember watching my Mom sitting in her rocking chair peacefully reading a book while my Dad way jumping up and down yelling and screaming at the TV while watching football. I didn't quiet understand it, but I knew my Dad loved it and my Mom tolerated it (most of the time). Ross is into basketball and what I can't stand is just how many games there are to watch. For his birthday he wants to buy a channel so he can get all of the games. I can feel myself already getting annoyed just thinking about it!
Tia and everyone else I'm so with you. Johnny was such a stinker last night when I was trying on PJ pants at the mall last night. I totally thought about watching football all the time while he's at home and I'm there still chasing and watching Trey. It sucks and I just can't wait until it's OVER!
Audra it's a picture of a football getting ran over
OK -- I totally agree with you. I hate to be a Pollyanna, but at least they are home for football! Remember breaking the TV is always an option. We have our pictures with Megan this weekend. I am so excited -- wish me luck on my anorexic week! (j/k - I love food way too much)
Erik doesn't watch football, but instead is obsessed with sailing (which I dislike) and shooting (which I have no desire to do - 2 things that take him out of the house... and let me tell you, sailing races are all day affairs, sometimes two day affairs. So, I don't know what's worse. Your husband at home not helping or away not helping. Erik used to be obsessed with the XBox for a few months and I would literally pull the plug a few times and this was before we had a kid.
Yes, football season is bad. But in my house... baseball season is worse. Will someone tell me how many diamond back games there are in a season? I think its like 200. Well Taylor, has missed, well to be exact 2 this year. Thats right, no exaggeration, two. I have to relive this not 12 times, but hundreds of nights throughout baseball season. AHHHHHHHHH!
You already know how I feel. We probably shouldn't get eachother going.
oh Tia!!! maybe you should give him some choices..."Would you like to clean up dinner before or after the game?" and then if you ended up having to clean it up... "It looks like I cleaned up the kitchen for you. How sad. I charge xx/hour. How would you like to pay me?" Can you tell I've listened to L&L?? :)
Tia -- I love your sister. She was AWESOME!
Post a Comment