Happy Valentines Day! I wished I had access to some cream tablecloths.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Young Women's in Excellence
On Wednesday night we had our Young Women's in Excellence. Here are some pictures of the night. Our theme was our Special Garden of Girls, and all the moms chose a flower and gave it to their daughters explaining why they chose it for them, it was simple but the spirit was there and that is the most important part.
Happy Valentines Day! I wished I had access to some cream tablecloths.


A couple of things I would have done differently was more trees with more lights, I just couldn't get a hold of more lights. I wasn't totally happy with the tables - it screamed Valentines day to me. I am finally happy with my calling but sometimes I wish I could go to one of these and be in charge of just the tables. So oh well it wasn't exactly the vision that I was thinking of but thats not really what mattered. So being the totally over anal person that I am - I went home and redid a centerpiece. What I learned was you have to have a lot of flowers in a vase - cut the stems so the bud of the roses peek just over the vase - I used scrapbook paper here and at YWIE we used ribbon - could have saved some money If I would have thought about it. One more thing I learned is table linens can make or break a table setting. The white relief society table cloths just don't cut it - I would rather buy some fabric and make my own, um who has time for that?
So this is what I wished they looked like!
Happy Valentines Day! I wished I had access to some cream tablecloths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Man girl..when you post yyou post..I'm like 4 posts behind on you! YW in Excel. looks like it went good. always a busy time of year for YW callings! glad i'm out! Decorating was great..not too valentines-like. you're such a perfectionist:)
Tia -where are you posting from right now??
I love that you went home and made up another centerpiece!! It looks amazing -although no one else, I'm sure, thought the originals were lacking!! I like the hanging lights too - it makes the setting more intimate. Just be relieved that a successful night is behind you now! :)
How funny that you went home and redid the centerpieces! You're right though, more flowers are so much better. It looked great. Just got released from YW's when our boundary changes booted us from our ward, so I miss all those fun nights.
Look...you have everything done for a valentines party!
Holy crap Decorataqueen! That looks amazing!!!!
Tia, It looked great. I hope the evening went well. Amen to just doing the table decorations!
I have been googling ideas for YWIE and came across your blog. We too are thinking along these same lines for this years theme. I was wondering did you make those flower cookies or buy them somewhere? And were those your refreshments? Can I be so bold as to ask what else you had on your program?
Sorry for the 50 questions, I'm just trying to make ours a success and think your ideas are adorable.
Any suggestions you can email me would be helpful
dwalker{AT}pga{DOT}com
Thanks in advance for your help!
Post a Comment