Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines has always been a fun day for me growing up - my mom always gave the best gifts. Eiley got a little doggy from Tim that she now calls Boonies and Carter some bubble tape - yeah I went all out! Anyway the day turned out wonderful and I managed to pull of really nice dinner party for 8. I think it's a new tradition.


The menu:

Appetizers
jalepeno stuffed bacon wrapped thingies

Main Course

Beef tenderloin (Great job babe!)
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Vegetable ka-bobs ( these were yummy!)

Dessert
Puff pastries with whipped topping and strawberries. Sooooo Good!





I was pretty happy with how the table turned out.


Here's my inspiration from Martha Stewart Weddings





Here's the look without the flowers which I decided I really like. Lots of candles on a table - easy and very pretty.









I had to use my white napkins instead of red because I didn't buy enough at the store - I think I prefered the look of the red better but it still worked!







17 comments:

Amber said...

Okay so you are my new hero. I was laughing when I read your latest post about the book you are starting to read. My heck girl you are already creative enough. If you unleash more creativity than that, you should just change your name to Martha Stewart. If you are ever feeling down on yourself for not being crafty enough, head on over to my blog and it will cheer you up in a hurry!! Beautiful dinner though!

Mauzy Fam said...

Wow!! You are so talented! It looks like it turned out beautiful. Bet you had a good time!

Chredna said...

Have you heard of my motto?.....Least amount of effort possible...maybe that's why my table settings never look as great as yours! and I have that exact picture from martha stewart in my wedding stuff.

megan said...

Good job...your table totally rocked!

Anonymous said...

Tia, you da bomb!!!...Looks like you do tons of funs stuff...I'm jelous!

AudyCamp said...

There you go again Miss Creativity. You & Megan should really start some business venture together.:)

daveandlisa said...

You amaze me all the time. I wish that I had even one ounce of your creativity. I always love everything you do. It's fun reading your blog.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!! Wish I could have partaken of the dinner too! By the way - we just used string to hold up the lanterns. And reading this post I was reminded of the baby shower you threw awhile back and how beautiful that was - I have never seen anyone make a baby shower that beautiful!

sara said...

You really did a great job. Loved the table setting -
b e a u t i f u l !

Josie Allen said...

loved being there and loved seeing pictures of the beautiful night. Thanks for organizing all that you do to bring people together and build friendships. Book Club is another one of your successes. You do have a gift.

Russ and Debbie said...

Tia, it looked great, tasted great, and was fun. I don't care what the guys say.

Sheri N. said...

Holy Moly! I am lucky to get the food on a plate.

Sheri N. said...

Holy Moly! I am lucky to get the food on a plate.

Lori Ellsworth said...

Gorgeous table, Tia! You should write a book!

Kristi said...

Sooo beautiful! You are amazing! I wish i had your talent for decorating. By the way - you are never allowed to come see my boring house - I would be so embarassed compared to how gorgeous yours is:)

Mary Ann said...

you are so talented! i love the table.. we will just call you martha stewart! you need to post the recipe for those pastries.. they look great! i can't believe you went all out for v.day!! was it just for you own family..?

Tia said...

Mary Ann we had a couple of friends over - yeah I probably wouldn't go all out for just us - sad I know! My friend made the dessert but I'll get the recipe and post it!