
I thought it would be nice to look back and remember what I was doing when I found out that our Prophet President Hinckley passed away. I was at home watching Lost with Tim when all of my Young Women started texting me that he had died. They were at a fireside like good little girls. Anyway I felt a mix of emotions, happiness that he was with his wife and sadness that we wouldn't be able to hear his sweet voice and see his smile during conference anymore. He had such a pure and sweet presence and you couldn't help but smile every time he opened his mouth. I will miss him dearly and I feel a bit of sadness that my kids won't have the chance to grow up with him like I did.
8 comments:
Amen to that. I feel the same way, happy for him, but so sad we won't see him anymore and that my kids won't really remeber him as the prophet.
Tia, I feel the same way. What a great example of a man and of the gospel! My favorite President of the church, maybe it is because I grew up with him, but he has a sweet place in my heart. But, he is happy with his eternal companion now. For that we will be happy for him.
I agree, it is weird to think that we won't see him again at Conference. I have never felt so much love for someone that I have never met personally.
I know. It was bittersweet for me too. He's lived an amazing life -so happy he is with his sweet wife - that must have been an amazing reunion.
I'm so glad you posted something about President Hinckley. I've been thinking a lot about our blogging conversation the other day and this seems like a great thing to remember.
Hi Tia. This is Deanne (Palmer), Tim's cousin. Anywho, I came across your blog and thought I would say HI. You are so cute and crafty. I love your Christmas gifts you did and all your decorations. Tell Tim I said HI please.
I feel the same way about President Hinckley. When I joined the church he was the prophet and so it seemed he would always be... I really love his sense of humor! He will be missed!
I met him in Korea - said we could call him "Gordo". We declined
Post a Comment