Friday, January 11, 2008

This about sums it up

Mothers who know do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world's goods in order to spend more time with their children- more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. "
- Sis. Julie B. Beck ( Conference October of 2007)


I really needed to hear the willing to live on less part and consume less of the world's goods. I have always thought of myself as the ultimate consumer - I guess thats not really a good thing!

Thanks Nicole for posting this, just what I needed.

4 comments:

Kristal said...

Tia, I'm stealing this for my blog so I can read it more often. Seriously if I could repeat this every morning my house would so much less hectic! Thanks for the reminder!

sara said...

That was the ultimate best talk.
Wow. It really hits home and humbles ya - just reading it again.

Anonymous said...

I am with Kristal, this is awsome! I was just thinking about how awful I was for my kids not being involved in anything, like sports or dance, I want them each in an activity so they can find their talents, but I don't feel so bad anymore.

Russ and Debbie said...

I loved this talk. It made me feel good because most of the things, I am really trying to do and then it pointed out some stuff I wasn't really thinking about.