So I have never been huge on New Years Resolutions just for the sole reason of it being made into such a big deal. It's kinda like going on this huge diet - for me it's better to make small changes day by day instead. But I do love making goals - so I guess I can just look at it like another time to make another goal in my life. However this time I have a couple for my kids as well. Megan gave me this parenting book and I kinda laughed at her since I am in the middle of 4 right now, but this one is different and I love it!

The thing that struck me the most was about having a plan for your family. So she came up with this major list of things that she wanted her kids to know how to do and at what age she wanted them to learn them by.
So here are my goals for Carter - some of these were her ideas and some are my own:
Make Bed
Wiping himself ( in her book she says use toilet independently). Im just sick of wiping Carter
Make own breakfast
Make own sandwich
Clean room
Eiley:
Use toilet
Brush Teeth
Pick up toys
Say Prayers
Start to dress herself
Tia:
Use time wisely - less time on the computer and tv and more time devoted to the gospel
Financially responsible
7 comments:
Okay...I'd better give credit to Adrienne for the book-she told me about it--before she sees this!!! :)
I feel the same way about New Years - but I guess it is always a good time to reflect and look ahead.
Like the goals for you and the kids!
I can't believe you included 'wiping yourself'. Since when was that necessary for self-improvement?
eewww! Definitely work on that wipe thing. His first teacher will not like that at all. If I were his teacher, I'd call YOU at home to come and wipe him:)
Tia! Hey - I found your blog! You are so amazingly creative! Your blog is gorgeous!
Good job on the goals! I am like you - I don't get into the resolutions thing. For me it is mostly because I know I won't keep them anyway - plus every Sunday I try to set new goals and get better little by little....
Also - I guess I better work on gettin Russ potty trained if Eiley will be! Good luck!
our blog is thomfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com
stop by if you get a chance! We would love to add you as "friends":)
We love this book! It is a great place to get a "plan" for training your kids to be independent - not to mention helping out at home. My kids LOVE chores (for now) especially when we are working with them. Doing a "training" on a new skill is also great as a Family Home Evening lesson. I can truly tell Clayton to start a load of laundry and he can do it without me present at all. Fabulous!
Go Tia, Go Tia, Go g-go g-go Tia!
Post a Comment