Sunday, April 20, 2008

Getting caught up

So this was awhile ago, but I wanted to remember what we did for New Beginnings this year! I love using things for YOUNG WOMENS that I did when I was in highschool and this was one of those things. We had each of the Young Women be in charge of presenting a value, so they were responsible for decorating their room and coming up with a short 5 minute presentation about what that value meant. It went fabulous!! Nothing better than watching these girls take charge and do a really wonderful job - it's what makes me love my calling and I think they loved it too!














Thanks to Camille for putting it all together and for the yummy dessert, and thanks MOM for giving me such great ideas to work with!

10 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Congrats on your program..looks like it went great..oh i remember those YW days. Busy but rewarding calling.
U and your HS girls look great! How fun to meet up and hang out. ok & i totally remember that beastie boys song and even singing it with you guys at e.a.

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks like it went great, I would have loved to have someone like you as my Y.W.Leader!

Chredna said...

I always remember doing this in Yuma a couple of times. I remember doing it in the stake center and then at the 18th st building. I thought it was great! I've tried to suggest it to my current Young Womens leaders and they just blow it off!!! They don't understand how spiritual it can be...i guess. Or maybe I just explain it really bad.
P.S. I chaperoned another dance and I told Chris that our favorite dance to dance together was "100% Pure Love" Remember???

Angela said...

Wow! I totally remember that activity. Good times. :)

LaShelle said...

Tia,
I just love your blog! I am trying to do one myself, I could sure use some tips from you! I miss having you in our ward and would be fun to get together, it's not like we live in different towns! It's fun to be able to read about your cute fam. You're a great YW leader, I miss working with you!

sara said...

That looks like such a great activity!! (Was it a program or Wed. night?) Either or - really, really fun. The girls are really lucky to have you!

Mary Ann said...

what a good idea! that turned out so great! you're so creative!!

Josie Allen said...

Oh, I loved seeing these pictures since I wasn't there. It looks like the girls did great.

PEHNelson said...

Ok Tia - I am open for lots of suggestions from you! Paul and I are hosting Prom in our backyard for 15! Any ideas a a table setting you've been wanting to do!?!?!? It is this Saturday. I always enjoy your tables so thought I'd ask you for your input! Email me pehnelson@aol.com - ericka

The Dinner Belle said...

Your "Value Poms" turned out really cute!