I tried Carter at about 2 1/2 with much warning from my mother. But noooo I didn't listen I went right ahead and did it anyway. So we did pretty good for about the first week and then all hell broke loose after that. He started peeing and pooping everywhere including the Garage floor. Yeah cleaning poop off the garage floor makes for one pissed off mom! So I started throwing underwear out left and right. I tried washing them in the toilet a couple of times that was sick so I just started throwing them out. We had every sort of award system set in place. We tried the Dr. Phil approach calling the super hero. So Tim would get some random phone call from me: "okay act like your superman, hurry". I got back on the phone a couple of times before he stopped - yeah that was funny! Anyway we did grab bag toys everything, until I finally wised up put him back in pull ups and called it a day. Then about a week before he turned 3 he wanted to do it. And it took like 2 days. Talk about a strong willed child - I should have known by the potty training what I was in for!
1 comment:
I feel your pain when it comes to potty training boys! NOT FUN!
Post a Comment