Thursday, May 15, 2008

Do you ever just laugh?

So I had one of those nights. It started off with Eiley coming in hysterically screaming and her hand scraped up by you guessed it her brother. He pushed her cause supposedly she lost his grasshopper - grassy. Anyway so she is screaming I put a bandaid on her and let her wail away. I was making scalloped potatoes so I had potatoes everywhere and the kitchen was a mess. So Carter comes in and I decide to give Eiley a popsicle and let carter watch just a tip from my genius uncle! Anyway it works he gets mad and goes away and cries hysterically too. Eiley is still screaming im trying to console her but I got to get these potatoes in the oven so I can go to mutual. So Carter says he wants to call dad so we call him I put it on speaker phone carter goes to grap the phone and I burn him on the hand with a really hot pot. So he's on the floor screaming and Eiley is still going at it. So im standing there looking around at the situation and I just laugh. I mean it is kinda funny that it can get this bad right? So I gave them both a popsicle they quiet down and I finish up dinner. I just thought of this and wish i could do it more. Im usually the one that you would call social services on for yelling and screaming at her kids and kicking them in the behind. But it felt good to laugh for once and will continue to keep a stock of popsicles in the freezer. By the way Tim wasn't at work he was riding horses :)

7 comments:

PEHNelson said...

Oh tia...you're not the only one! Riley threw her first ever huge fit...in the cul-de-sac on my street!! and she pulled her dress halfway down!!!! So of course i'm as nicely as I can yelling "riley let's go home" and she's like "i want my daddy" He had gone to the father's and sons campout! Oh well....i eventually had to chase her and pick her up and bring her inside all the while she is screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs!!!

Although - i do have to say - isn't it ironic how the worst fits they ever throw are when our husbands aren't home becuase they are out golfing, waterskiing, playing basketball, or in your case horseback riding. When he's at work i can tolerate those fits much better...it's when they are just out....it's like our kids KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEHNelson said...

By the way two side notes on my comment. I seriously thought my neighbors were going to call the police on me because of how riley was screaming! For like 15 minutes!!!!!! Mind you OUT IN THE STREET!!!!

And secondly... I don't have a problem with Paul going out and doing those things that he loves...I like that he has something he can do to "get away" (mine is shopping!) But why do our kids always choose to throw fits then?!?!?!?

leinbachfamily said...

I love the last line Tia. I can have the worst possible day ever and my husband will come home and say what's the matter with you? They have no idea. My kids never throw fits when he is home. I am going to Phoenix tomorrow by myself so I am pretty dang happy about that.

Anonymous said...

Craziness! You described so many of my dinner fixing times in your story. I hate to cook so when dinner time comes around every day I dread it. My kids think that this is also the time to pull crazy stunts on me, like you posted. And why is it that kids think that calling their Dad will change the situation somehow? My girls always snatch my cell phone when they are in trouble and call their Dad to tell on me...ummm this is not ok.

Cute pictures of Carter with his fish, he looks very proud!

I can't believe that it snowed there this week, I am sorry for that. It is finally starting to get really nice here in Utah, but soon it will be over 100 and I hate that!

sara said...

Oh crap. It really does feel good to laugh at situations...when you can! :P This post really made me laugh.
Today I got to clean up a gallon of milk that Wyatt shoved off the counter. Yessssssssss. Oh. and the other day he poured DISH SOAP all over the carpet in his bedroom... Talk about an exciting life! This kid is starting way too early.

Anonymous said...

I have had many of those situations before too, sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh otherwise you would probably go insane. Glad you were able to just step back and enjoy the chaos.

Shannon said...

It's sure good to know that other people have days like this too! Maybe I need to get more popsicles at my house too. I am impressed by how you handled all that happening and were able to laugh. I always have to remind myself that it really won't matter in a few years. Of course that's usually in retrospect.