Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bargain Baby Shopping

ATTENTION: Anyone looking for great deals on OB packages, look no further I've done all the hard work for you.

So maybe not everyone is paying cash for their babies but if you are I've gone bargain hunting and can tell you the lowest prices out there.

First Flagstaff sucks- Im having a c-section so these prices are obviously for c-sections but just know if your having a regular delivery the prices are waaayyy cheaper. Flagstaff your estimating a good 15,000 thats without the anesthesiologist and a couple other things.

Next lowest is Banner Gateway at around $6,100.

John C. Lincoln: who knows I talked to some lady who told me that don't know those prices until the baby comes out - I asked " so your telling me you can't tell someone how much it's going to cost to have a baby at your hospital " and she said yah sorry.

The winner is: St. Joseph's at a killer price of $3,900, excluding of course the anesthesiologist and Pediatrician.

Okay anyway I felt like I was shopping for the best deals on cars, but nope just trying to have a baby and not go broke.

So I will be having my baby down in Phoenix, this is where a c-section comes in handy just have to schedule it and drive down and have it.

This is also where I do not support flagstaff. Can anyone say RIDICULOUS!

11 comments:

Cristin said...

Good thing you can schedule a c-section so you can do it in Phoenix. I hate that hospitals can't (or won't) tell you prices on procedures.

Another good deal, that you can't do cause of that c-section thing, but is way cheap, is a homebirth with a licensed midwife. Mine was $3800 for all the pre-natal visits and birth, she came to my home, AND my insurance covered it.

Mauzy Fam said...

That's crazy!! It is so expensive to have kids isn't it!

Hey thanks for your comment on my blog. I have heard of love and logic. I have some of the CD's from my sister, but haven't really listened to them. I want to do it with Jordan so we're on the same page. I feel like I'm always correcting him and the way he parents and that's just not going to work. So, we need to find time to listen to them together, but that's hard too. Maybe I should just listen and teach him. I know there are tons of different CD's are there different books too? Anything in particular you recommend? We are struggling with many things: getting dressed, cleaning up after eating or play, GOING POTTY (he's too busy playing), and getting along with siblings an cousins! AGH!

Chredna said...

Do you not have insurance Tia?? Man I got the bill from YRMC after I had Reagan (I've had two c-sections too) and it was $15000 for everything, but I just paid $250 for my hospital stay. I had Ryan in Tucson at a St. Joseph's hospital....it was the best. I felt like I was in a hotel. The other good thing about a scheduled C-section is that they gave me a Spinal rather than an epidural, which meant I was numb A LOT longer than with an epidural, so I got to relax a little longer. Anyway....good luck!!!

DRN said...

Don't worry Tia, save the money... I'll give you a shot of whiskey and sharpen my buck knife. I think I saw it on a movie once. :)

Kristi said...

In my opinion St Joes is the best hospital in the southwest! You will be treated so well there!
I hope eveything will go well!!!

Jamelle Kelly said...

Have you considered a mid-wife in town for about 4,000? Oh, c-section. Probably wouldn't work. Good to know thought-thanks.

Paul and Darla said...

Flagstaff is crazy. How could they charge so much????? It is great for mus in PHX if you have the baby in here than Brittaney, Shaunna and I can come and see you!

Paul and Darla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kymi said...

Tia, that is so you to "shop around". I wish I was that smart. Good luck, keep me posted on all of that. FYI I was born at St. Joes. I'm excited for you, I have a bit of a baby bug. Then it goes away when Conor wakes up from his nap.

Mauzy Fam said...

mauzy@cox.net

Nicki said...

Hi Tia!
Miss you!
Do you know I work at St. Joseph's in the pediatric ICU. I would love to come see you if you're up to visitors at some time:) Please have my favorite 2nd mom Kathy give me a call or something!
Love ya!
Nicki
480-862-2420
By the way, overall St. Joe's is a great hospital
... and your blog is Awesome!